Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tennessee Day 4

Today Phillip and I started the day off with a date.  Most people like dinner and a movie, we did breakfast and river rafting.  I have been rafting several times in Colorado and love the thrill of it hubby has been once with me and also loved it.  When I saw that they had rafting I knew we had to do it!  We had a great guide who actually worked for the same company as my husband but at their Kingsport location before he became a guide.  Since we were doing class 3 and 4 rapids we didn't think it would be a great idea to take the camera with us so we have no pictures.  We did however get to see a flock (gaggle) of geese, a caterpillar, several butterflies, and a beautiful bald eagle! 

After we were done rafting we ran back to the house and picked up my parents and the kiddos and headed to Cade's Cove which is about an hour from the house but so worth the drive.  It was a beautiful ride there and we all enjoyed it.















Our family likes history so we really enjoyed getting to walk through the old houses, cemeteries, and barns.  I am amazed at the amount of people they would fit into one house!  Some of the houses were smaller than my bedroom.



















 
 
The best part though about Cades Cove was the wildlife.  The kids loved seeing the deer and more importantly the bears.  Phillip might have chased down a few bears trying to get pictures.  My favorite though was standing under a tree with a momma bear and her two cubs laying over us in the branches.


 
 
 
Making sure her babbies are following her!
 

 

 

Blog Archive