Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Strawberry Muffins

A few weeks ago I made Blueberry Muffins (http://raeganmirickfoodblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins.html) that hubby declared the best muffins ever.  After he ate one of these he changed his mind and says that these are the best ever...  I think it is a pretty close call though.  He said these were sweeter and that is why he likes them better.

I took a few to the teachers at my daughters "school" and they all really enjoyed them.  I love being able to take them goodies, they give me their opinions and I get to bless them with yummy food!

I personally love how gorgeous they are.  For me half of the battle with food is how it looks.  If something looks pretty I am way more prone to try it! 

½ cup butter or margarine, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
½ tsp vanilla
1½ cups chopped strawberries
3 tsps sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Add egg and mix well.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
Next, alternately add the flour mixture and milk to butter mixture in the large bowl.
Add vanilla, then gently fold in the strawberries
Spoon batter into muffin pans (this makes a dozen muffins).
Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins. You will have a lot of sugar, but this allows you to be as generous as you like.
Bake at 400┬║ for 20 minutes.

A user's photo.

A user's photo. 
 

Blog Archive