Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Walking Taco Casserole

Now before we go any further I want to establish that I did not name this, it isn't your traditional walking taco but I guess it is so close that it was named that anyway.  The whole family loved this even my pickiest eater!  If you prep the meat early in the day it would be easy to layer and pop in the oven, I would not however layer it too far ahead of time as the chips will get soggy that way.

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning mix (I use tomato sauce when making my taco meat it has a better flavor)
Fritos
Shredded Cheddar cheese

Brown 1 1/2 lbs ground beef. Mix in taco seasoning and cook according to directions on package. 
Layer in a casserole dish in the following order: Fritos chips, meat mixture, shredded cheese.
Repeat layers once again.
Bake at 350° for about 15-20 min or until cheese is bubbly.
After removing from oven I added more cheese on the top.

At this point you can also add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, salsa, beans, etc...

http://growingtofour.blogspot.com/2012/07/walking-taco-casserole.html

Blog Archive