Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Salted Cashew and Caramel Chews

My new Taste Of Home magazine came in yesterday so while I was waiting in the pick up line at the school I went through and marked the recipes I thought might be worth giving a try.  This one caught my eye immediately I loved the name and the picture was gorgeous.  As soon as these came out of the oven my kiddos were begging for one, which they eventually got after I put the chocolate and cashews on them.  They all complained that waiting was "too hard" but that they were delicious and worth the wait.

3/4 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup lightly salted cashew pieces

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in eggs, caramel, and vanilla.
In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
Stir in 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips and 3/4 cup cashews.
Drop dough by rounded tbs. 2 in apart on greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes. (10 is plenty)
Move to wire racks to cool completely.
Melt remaining chocolate chips and stir until smooth. ( I used some whipping cream in mine.)
Drizzle over cookies.
Sprinkle with remaining cashews. (I chopped these fairly small.)
Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.

Blog Archive