Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Macadamia Nut Pie

I love macadamia nuts and have had a jar in my pantry that I have been waiting to use on the perfect recipe.  If you have bought nuts recently you know that macadamia nuts are VERY expensive so I wanted to make sure I was using them for something that would be amazing.  Honestly it has been very hard for me not to open them and just eat them by themselves but I exercised a large amount of restraint and held off, and am so glad I did!  

I am sitting here eating my second piece of pie, now that I think about it this might be my third...  I made it yesterday though, so really 3 pieces isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.  We all really liked this I added in chocolate chips because, well, everything tastes better with chocolate. 
 
1 pie crust
3 eggs
1 cup dark corn syrup
2/3 cup sugar
2 tb butter (melted)
2 tsps. pure vanilla
2 cups macadamia nuts (chopped)
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Unroll pastry and place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges and set aside.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined.
Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
Pour into pastry shell.
Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack.
Refrigerate leftovers.                                    

Macadamia Nut Pie

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/macadamia-nut-pie

Blog Archive