Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Juicy Lime Pecan Chicken

Holy amazing!  This chicken was so good!  Every night as dinner is winding down I ask the kiddos and my hubby what their favorite part of dinner was.  Tonight the chicken won... in fact we even voted that it was better than the homemade bread!  If you know me then you know my obsession with fresh bread. 

This dish smelled amazing the last ten minutes it was in the oven and had just the right amount of lime.  When I was making it, I was slightly worried that it might have to much twang but I think it was just the perfect amount.  I served this with broccoli rice casserole (and the above mentioned bread) and it all balanced out well.  I didn't want to have too many flavors competing with each other.

Try this dish, you will be so glad you did!

1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup melted margarine
2 limes, juiced
1 lime, zested
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups chopped pecans (I did one cup)
2 cups breadcrumbs (I did one cup)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves


Stop!!!  Don't preheat your oven yet. ;-)
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non- stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk Dijon mustard, margarine, lime juice, lime zest and eggs.
On a large plate, combine pecans and breadcrumbs.
Working one chicken breast at a time, lightly coat chicken in flour (shake off excess), dip in mustard mixture and finally coat in the pecan mixture.
Place pecan-crusted chicken on prepared baking sheet and cover with wax paper.
Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
Bake for 30 minutes and serve with lime wedges.

Juicy Lime Pecan Chicken Recipe

http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/133/juicy-lime-pecan-chicken-recipe

Blog Archive