Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Royal Icing

I was decorating sugar cookies for my little guys Safari birthday party and used this recipe.  I will say that this icing worked out really well for me.  Royal icing can be such a tricky thing to get right but this was fairly easy and they turned out pretty good for my first time!

1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Food coloring of your choice

Add confectioners sugar to a mixing bowl and with a wire whisk start mixing on low.
Add the milk, corn syrup and almond extract and whip until smooth.
Add more corn syrup if the icing is too thick to use, but be sure to not make it too runny or it will run right off the cookies.
It needs to be pretty thick to begin with if you are doing an outline around your cookies.
Separate the icing into different bowls for coloring with food coloring.
Add to a zip lock bag and cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and line your cookies.
Add a tiny bit of corn syrup to the frosting and mix well until you’ve made a thinner consistency.
Fill the cookies with icing and spread to cover the cookie with a toothpick.

Raegan Mirick's photo.
Giraffes

Alligators

Elephants

My husband made fun of my monkeys... I must say though he is right they are pretty bad!


http://www.tipsfromatypicalmomblog.com/2013/12/royal-icing-without-egg-whites-or.html

Blog Archive