Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Southern Breakfast Casserole

I made this for life group today and several people went back for more so I am assuming they liked it.  Personally I thought it was pretty darn good. 

When I mixed my eggs and milk I added 3/4 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp house seasoning to give it some extra flavor.

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb pork breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
1 lb frozen hash browns, thawed
6 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Unroll the crescent rolls and arrange on the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish, pressing the seams together to seal the dough. 
Top with the cooked sausage and season with salt and pepper.
Top the sausage layer with the hash browns. 
Combine the beaten eggs with the milk and pour over the hash brown layer.
Top with the shredded cheddar. 
Bake in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes, then let cool slightly (10 minutes or so) before cutting and serving. 
 
 

Blog Archive