Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Strawberry Pie

Last night a local restaurant called and asked me if I could make some pies for them to sell!  I am thrilled.  So this sent me on an expedition for some new pie recipes.  This one was too gorgeous not to try and to be honest it tastes even better than it looks.  I know this is hard to believe, but, this recipe is beautiful, delicious and EASY!  Do yourself a favor and try it today.

2 lbs fresh strawberries
1 deep dish pie crust
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 tb cornstarch
4 tb strawberry jello powder

Prepare pie crust as directed on packaging.  (I use homemade)
Clean and trim strawberries.
Add strawberries to pie crust.
In a saucepan combine water, sugar and cornstarch.
Boil till clear. (Stirring constantly)
Remove from heat and add jello powder.
Pour over strawberries.
Store in the refrigerator till ready to serve!

Strawberry pie for a customer is done and their other pie is in the oven!

Blog Archive