Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chili Seasoning

Today has been a heck of a day... it didn't start off that way though.  This morning I got up and was able to get a shower in before taking the kiddos to school.  Belle and I got all our morning chores done quickly and even got all our errands ran before ten. 

It was a great morning so I guess in all actuality it has only been a rough few hours and in the measure of mother hood I have definitely had worse situations than this.  While in the mommy line at school (I always get there super early so I can relax and read) I got a call from the school.  As soon as I heard the voice I knew it was the nurse and I had a sick child!  I went ahead pulled around, picked up both boys so I didn't have to go back, came home got my sick one settled, wrestled the other to do homework, entertained my easily bored child and started dinner.

Half way through making dinner I realize that I don't have nearly enough chili powder... like 1/4 of what I need.  So instead of loading up three kids, putting my clothes back on (no I wasn't cooking naked... but I had changed into my pajamas) and going to Brookshire's I decided to make my own.  It worked out really well and tasted about the same as what I would have bought at the store, just without the hassle of getting there!

1/4 cup sweet paprika                                                                                     
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. oregano
2 tsps. cumin

Place all ingredients in a container and shake to mix!

http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-chili-powder-410093
 

Blog Archive