Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chuck Wagon Salisbury Steak

 
Recently a friend decided to clean out her cookbooks and sent me a box FULL.  I was thrilled honestly I think it made my week... I know I know... it doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy.  One of the cookbooks in the box was a school fundraiser cookbook.  It is HUGE and when I stumbled on this recipe I decided it was worth a try.  My pickiest eater ate more than my husband (who loved this), he even told me "thank you so much for making this mommy".  In my world this is huge.  Tonight as always he was the last one at the table BUT tonight it was because he was actually eating and we weren't trying to make him eat!!!

2 c. corn flakes or bread crumbs (1 cup)
1 egg
1/2 c. barbeque sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. ground beef


Crush corn flakes and place in a mixing bowl. `
Add the egg, 1/3 cup of the barbeque sauce, salt and pepper.
Mix well.
Add beef; mix only enough to combine.
Shape into 6 oval patties.
Place in a single layer in shallow baking pan.
Brush with the remaining barbeque sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.

Blog Archive