Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars

Hubby is having a few friends over later tonight to play board games...
Me- "What are you serving for snacks?"
Phillip- "I think I will just grab a bag of pizza rolls."
Me- "Um no."
So I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.  My oldest LOVES Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, so he was my taste tester, and he said that this recipe was "amazing, it tastes just like the candy".  I think we have found a keeper.

2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the graham crackers, 1 cup of peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
Add the melted butter.
Mix well.
Spread evenly in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. (I used a double boiler)
Spread the chocolate over top of the peanut butter mixture evenly.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, and then cut the bars evenly.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!

Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.

http://rumblytumbly.com/2014/03/25/reeses-peanut-butter-bars/

Blog Archive