Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Strawberry Brownies

I am typing this at 3:45 in the morning as I get ready to head out for my girls trip to Las Vegas.  I need to be up in 15 minutes and yet here I am already typing and wide awake.  It could be because at 2 my daughter woke up crying and informed me she had thrown up. 

This led to me moving her to the floor in my room and doing a load of laundry and after that I couldn't seem to fall back asleep.  Now I am sitting here in my beautiful new blue chairs getting ready to submit this recipe.  I am pretty sure at some point today I will need a nap!

Raegan Mirick's photo.
My new chairs, my brother works at Ivan Smith let me know and I can hook you up. ;-)

I made these for hubby to take to work for his safety meeting and they seemed to be pretty good.  One of the ladies even messaged me and said I could make them again.  My dad also tried one, before I sent them with hubby, and he said that they were tasty too.

1 box strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup powdered sugar
½ -2 TB water or milk (I used 3 tb milk)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 8" square baking pan with parchment (and spray with Pam).
Mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, and oil with hand mixer until well combined.
Spread batter evenly into pan.
Bake for 15 minutes or until just set; be careful not to overcook. (Mine took about 20 minutes)
Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes; lift carefully from pan using ends of parchment to lift.
Mix powdered sugar and water until smooth.
Pour glaze over brownies, spreading to edges so that glaze will drip down sides.
Allow brownies to cool and glaze to set before cutting into squares.

Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
http://www.familysavvy.com/pinned-it-tried-it-strawberry-brownies/

Blog Archive