Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

English Toffee

Oh my stars!!!  So delicious!!!  I had to send this to work with Phillip or I would have eaten it all by myself. 

When he got home he said everyone loved it including him and he isn't big on pecans!!!  He even asked me to make it again.

1 cup nuts, chopped  (pecans or walnuts are best) *
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Butter an 8×8 inch pan.
Spread the nuts in the bottom of the pan.
On medium heat, bring the sugar and butter to a boil and boil 7 minutes.
Spread into the pan.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
Let it sit a few minutes.
When melted, spread evenly.
Let cool before cracking into pieces.
Makes 24 pieces.

Variations:
White Chocolate with Macadamia Nuts (not cheap but to die for!)
Dark Chocolate with Almonds
Semi-sweet chocolate with Almonds for an Almond Roca flavor

http://www.livingonadime.com/25-best-easy-christmas-candies/

Blog Archive