Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Barbecued Chicken and Rice

I was so excited to try this because I have never had bbq chicken with rice before and I thought it would be a nice easy dish.  While it was easy it was seriously lacking... the flavor was ok, nothing special but the cooking time is WAY off.  I ended up cooking for about 45 minutes and adding another cup of chicken broth and the rice still wasn't done.  At this point we were so hungry that I ended up plating the chicken and a small portion of rice that was cooked and we ate dinner.   Usually I have great luck with Taste of Home recipes but this just wasn't up to par.  If I made it again I think I would at least partially cook the rice before putting it in the dish.    

1-1/2 cups uncooked rice
1 cup chicken broth
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
 Combine rice and broth in a greased 11x7 baking dishTop with chicken Combine bbq sauce, onion and celery seed (I didn't use cs)Pour over chickenBake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes (till 170 degrees)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/quicker-barbecued-chicken--n--rice

Blog Archive