Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Waffles

Ever since I had those amazing chicken and waffles in Las Vegas I have been craving them!  So I decided to put them on my dinner menu.  This is an easy dish especially if you do all your prep work ahead of time.  I used my yummy fried chicken recipe that you can find here: http://raeganmirickfoodblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/fried-chicken.html.  I like to bread the chicken ahead of time and then let it sit, I feel like it gives the breading more time to adhere to the chicken. 

So since I already had the prep work done I didn't figure this would take long at all and honestly it wouldn't have except...  I threw the breaker... three times.  I forgot that the dishwasher was on the same circuit as the plugs in the wall, where I had the fryer plugged in and the waffle maker. Our house was built in the 50's and some of the breakers don't exactly make sense as to what they control.  By the end of the process I had my oven on 200 to keep everything warm while I finished up the waffles, in the living room. 

This was the first time my kids had ever had chicken and waffles and they were in heaven.  Nathan was slightly confused as to why he had syrup on his chicken but after one bite he was convinced it was a good idea. 

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
Preheat waffle iron.
Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.
Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.
Cook until golden brown.
Serve hot.

'Chicken and Waffles last night for dinner.'
 

Blog Archive