Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

American Wife by Taya Kyle

So I know that this is a food blog, but since it is my blog I can really talk about whatever I want.  ;-)  Today I finished a book that had me crying like a baby and a few pages later had me laughing.  If you get the chance read American Wife by Taya Kyle, it is AMAZING. 

I love that it gives her perspective on things that her husband Chris talks about in American Sniper, another one of my favorite books.  It also goes into great detail about her process with grief and how she is handling everything that has been thrown her way.  It talks about the two lawsuits, her husbands death, the movie and digging herself out of the trenches. 

The book gives a real and raw look into what her life has been like with one of America's heroes and what it is now like with out him.  Taya Kyle is a wonderful example of grace, love and patriotism.  I love that she works so hard to make sure her husband is honored even after his death.

If you haven't picked up on it yet I am fairly conservative in my values and honestly enjoy books like this.  Here are a few of my other favorites: American Sniper, Decision Points, And the Good News Is, and  Obama Diaries.  These are all good reads and if you haven't already make sure you check out Matt Walsh's blog. 

Blog Archive