Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Vanilla Fruit Salad

Tonight we had company coming over so I made this to go along with the rice krispies I made for the kiddos.  I was incredibly sad when my daughter spit it out and my husband said it was ok but had a really weird after taste.  I was so glad that they were here to try it before I put it out for the guests.  Such a sad day when that much fruit is wasted. 

3 to 4 cups fruit (I used 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries,  1 cup grapes, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup pineapple)
1 to 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
about 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, optional
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional (Didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
 
Add fruit to a large bowl.
Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons instant pudding mix powder and toss to combine.
Over time, the natural fruit juices moisten the pudding powder. Or help it along with a splash of water.
Optionally add lemon or lime juice for a tangier fruit salad and toss to combine.
Optionally add vanilla or almond extract, or both, and toss to combine.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/06/vanilla-fruit-salad.html

Blog Archive