Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Salad Sandwich

These were ok... probably not my go to because they weren't anything special.  I feel like it would have been extremely bland if I had not added in 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder. 

Yesterday was crazy busy, I think I was home for about an hour, so I am glad that these came together quickly.  Make sure you chill the mixture for a bit before eating!

1 cup cooked Chicken (I use the white meat from the Chicken breast but you can use whatever you have)
1/4 cup Celery, diced (I did some pecans for the crunch because my kids don't care for celery)
1 Hard Boiled Egg, diced
2 tbsp Relish (I use sweet but you can use dill too)
1/3 cup Mayo (I used ranch, I HATE mayo)
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 slices Wheat (or White) Bread, toasted
Leaf of lettuce

DIRECTIONS
Combine chicken, mayo, relish, egg, celery, salt & pepper.
Top 2 slices of bread with lettuce.
Add half the chicken mixture to one Slice of toast and the other half to the 2nd slice of toast.
Top with remaining slices of bread to make your sandwich.

Raegan Mirick's photo.

http://www.thefrugalnavywife.com/2014/06/copycat-chick-fil-chicken-salad-sandwich/

Blog Archive