Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

What a yummy meal!!!  I am so thankful for a wonderful hubby who upon entering the house after a long day at work found me frazzled and yet he stayed completely calm.  That morning I had gone to the grocery store... with three kids... need I say more! 

Anyway I forgot to grab the ranch mix which is a very important part of this dish.  Hubby was sweet enough to run to Brookshire's for me and grab a four pack, "just so I would have extra for next time".  That man rocks!  Not only is he a hottie but he takes really good care of me and the kiddos. 

This pasta was wonderful.  In fact I am gladly eating some of the leftovers today for my lunch.  The kids all loved it, I think the bacon was a huge part of that love, and so did the adults.  I kept the recipe as written and didn't make any changes.  This meal was fast and very simple, perfect for those nights when you are in a rush to get something on the table.

1 pound of pasta
6 strips of bacon, diced
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
2 cups milk
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
 
Start by cooking your pasta, draining it, and setting it aside.
While you are making your noodles; cook your bacon in a skillet, drain the grease but keep 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pan.
Add a tablespoon of butter to the bacon drippings and toss in your chicken breast pieces (cook until no longer pink/browned).
Pour the ranch dressing mix and flour over the chicken then add the 2 cups of milk.
Stir until it is bubbly and thick.
Add the cheese and half of your diced bacon pieces to the pan; stir until melted.
Combine the sauce and pasta noodles together – add salt and pepper to taste.
Top off the dish with the extra bacon pieces and ENJOY!

Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.


http://www.craftymorning.com/chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta-recipe/

Blog Archive