Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chicken Spaghetti

I went to a college that catered to the athletes so on game days which was 2-3 times per week they pumped us full of carbs.  Since I was on the meal plan I either had to eat in the cafeteria or spend my "allowance" on going to get something to eat.  My parents gave me a decent amount of money but I had other things I wanted to spend it on. 

Since I decided not to spend my money going out to eat I had to eat in the cafeteria which meant spaghetti!!!  I swear I have never had so much spaghetti in my life, every time there was a game we had spaghetti... chicken or regular either way I got burnt out on it!  In fact to this day I very rarely make (or eat) spaghetti.  I think in my almost nine years of marriage that I have made it a total of 3 times.

This recipe I came up with is great and everyone loved it.  The flavors work well together and it is nice and creamy.  I will make this again, just not too soon.  ;-)

4 large chicken breasts
1 pound thin spaghetti, broken in half
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
1/2 loaf (large) Velveeta
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teasooon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Two 10 3/4-ounce cans cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Almost 1 cup milk
Handful bread crumbs
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add noodles.
While noodles are cooking cut chicken into small cubes.
Brown them in a skillet until they are cooked through.
When the spaghetti is finished cooking, combine with the chicken, Velveeta, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, soup, Rotel, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Stir in a little less than 1 cup of milk.
Place the mixture in a 9 by 13 inch casserole pan and top with 1 cup of cheese and a handful of bread crumbs.
Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Then turn the oven to broil and let it brown slightly!

Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.
 

Blog Archive