Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Colorado Day 7 and the Drive Home

Today was our final full day in Colorado so we started off the morning enjoying a last day of being lazy.  Then after that we decided to hike up to St Mary's Glacier which is one of the most photographed places in Colorado.  It is gorgeous, absolutely amazing and less than a mile from our house.  The hike kicked my butt, but the kiddos scurried up the mountain like it was nothing.  Honestly it was a doozy, very rocky and steep, very much worth it though.  On the other hand the way down was easy except I kept thinking I was going to step wrong and break my ankle. 


 
 
 

After we got back to my parents house my dad took my mom up to show her the other house he is thinking of buying and when they got back we went to town.  While in town we went to Kohl's, had lunch and searched for a Children's Place (I had noticed Belle's jeans were getting short).  My phone finally led us to a Children's Place in this gorgeous outdoor mall type area.  It was absolutely beautiful. 

Raegan Mirick's photo.

On the way back to the house we grabbed dinner and then made our last drive up the mountain.  When we got home we ate, played cards, and started packing. 
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.

The next morning Belle woke up early, and came to cuddle in my bed.  After a few minutes of cuddling we got up, took our suitcases out and then started cleaning.  The plan was to leave at lunch but we ended up getting everything ready ahead of time so we left at 10 instead. 

The drive home was boring and felt like it took forever.  I actually did a little over half of the driving and my dad didn't take over until after dinner, which was at a place we have never eaten before.  I was beyond proud of myself because I HATE driving, usually hubby does it.

 Raegan Mirick's photo.


Raegan Mirick's photo.
Garlic Parmesan Fries
 

Raegan Mirick's photo.
The kids favorite part of their kids meals.


On the way home we did see a few interesting things... we saw a sign for "The second friendliest yarn store in the universe" we also saw a sign for "a live five legged cow and a Russian bore".  I was so glad when we rolled into our driveway at 2:45.

Blog Archive