Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Orange Knots

I made this recipe for our Life Group this morning and they were a hit.  I had a little extra of the sugar and orange rind so after I put the glaze on I sprinkled it over the top.  Delicious!  These will be added into our normal breakfast rotation! 

12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
1 medium orange rind, grated
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar (I ended up having to put extra in to thicken it up a bit)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Mix grated orange rind with sugar. 
Roll each roll into a 9-inch rope. 
Tie in a loose knot. 
Roll each knot in melted butter and then in rind/sugar mixture. 

Place on a large sprayed baking sheet.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size.
Remove wrap. 

Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. (I did the full 20 minutes)
Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
Brush with citrus glaze while still warm.


Raegan Mirick's photo.
 
Raegan Mirick's photo.


http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/orange-knots