Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Baked Bacon and Cheese Omelet


Did you think I disappeared?  I have been soooooo beyond busy.  Last week hubby worked nights, so if we wanted to eat together (which we did) I had to have dinner ready by 4:30.  I know this is insanely early but eating together as a family is VERY important to me. 

On top of all that I worked the book fair at my kiddos school had my first PTA meeting (our school didn't have one and I am starting it) and we also had our normal every day activities... dance, cub scouts, cheer, etc...  Needless to say there was very little time in my day for blogging.

So with all that being said I made this recipe for our life group at church on Sunday, I assume it was good because I didn't get any and after class one man informed me he had thirds.  ;-)  This was after I had doubled the recipe.

8 eggs (or use 4 eggs and 6 egg whites)
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
8 ounces diced cooked ham, bacon, or sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
Fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
 
Beat eggs, milk, and seasoned salt together in a large bowl.
Stir in ham, cheese, and onion.
Pour egg mixture into a greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and omelet is set.
Cut into squares and garnish with chives, if desired.