Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pecan and Parmesan Chicken

Holy heavens this was good.  I changed the original recipe up a bit and it turned out great (this is my version).  After coating my chicken breasts I had a few extra crumbs so I poured them in the pan to bake with the chicken and then sprinkled them on my macaroni to give it some crunch.  Do yourself a favor and make this dish this week!

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (I used Italian)                           
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans                            
1 teaspoon seasoned salt                                                        
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil          
                  
Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.
In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pecans, salt, and pepper.
In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch until smooth.
Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear.