Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Casserole

I FINALLY have a new recipe to share!  This past week I volunteered at the kids school 5 days, plus planned two birthday parties which we had on Saturday.  Our son had a Ninja Turtle party from 10-12 and then we tore everything down and redecorated for our daughters My Little Pony Party which was at 1.  I know it sounds crazy but with two kiddos who have birthdays in December it is easier to just do one day. 

When our last guest left we went and did a little Christmas shopping.  While in the car I was browsing on my phone and found this recipe and thought it would be great to try out on my Life Group at church the next morning.  Everyone liked it and there was only a tiny bit leftover which I fed to my kiddos this morning and they all liked it also.

I love how easy this dish was to make and it was also super cheap.  Our town just got an Aldi so I got the cinnamon rolls for less than $1 per can which means I was able to make this dish for less than $3 total!
 
2 cans Cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (half & half works too)
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I didn't use pecans)
Icing from cinnamon roll packages
 
In a large bowl, melt butter with sugar. 
Beat in eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into fourths.
Place cinnamon roll pieces into the bowl of egg mixture and toss to thoroughly coat.
Then pour the pieces, coated in egg mixture, into a greased 9×12 casserole dish and spread out evenly.
Use any leftover egg mixture to coat the casserole.
Sprinkle with pecans and then bake on 350˚ on a low rack for 35-40 minutes or until brown.
Remove casserole from oven.
Drizzle icing over the top.