Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Gingerbread Houses

Yesterday I went to Wal Mart to grab a few things after dropping the kids off at school.  I love to have little crafty things for the kiddos to do when they get home and I was so excited to notice the gingerbread houses were 75 percent off.  So I grab 4 and put them in my buggy.

When I got to the register they only rang up half off and after much discussion they finally decided that since there is a HUGE sign over them saying 75 percent off that they would give them to me for that price.  I mean honestly you can see the 7 and the 5 from about four rows over...  Anyway they ended up being $1.99 each woo hoo!

After I picked the kiddos up from school we swung by Sonic for an after Christmas break back to school slushie and then headed home.  I told the kids in the car that they had a surprise and they managed to get it out of me... (I am not the best at keeping exciting secrets).  As we were walking in the house poor Nathan tripped and broke his slushie cup thankfully we were able save about half of it.

Inside I gave them each their gingerbread kit and we decided to do a contest to see who would get a prize.  I went back to my room because they didn't want me to see them before they were done...  They spent an hour on them and I must say that was $8 well spent!

Isabelle's honestly turned out best and she is the youngest.  I was sooooo surprised at how well she did and that she stuck with it.



Jacob decided about half way through that he would prefer to just eat his...



Nathan did great, he had some fun details.  He even spelled his name out with candy.



 
Bryson took a more modern route and decided to have a flat roof and no back wall.

 
Since they all did a great job they each got a package of candy from my secret stash...