Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Vacation Day 1

Last Friday we set off for a small road trip to New Orleans.  The drive from our house is about six hours it seems like longer though.  Around eleven we started getting hungry and saw this place, so we decided to give it a try.  The food was ok but I definitely would not go back.

 
 
 
 
Once we got to NO we went to the outlet mall, because of course, I was hoping to find a new purse.  Sadly there were no good deals and we left fairly quickly.  I had researched things to do with kiddos in the Big Easy (not the most child friendly town) and found this really cool looking park so we were on our way there next.  It was incredible there were tons of little scenes set up like different fairy tales.  The kiddos really loved it and I'm sure it was nice for them to get out and run a little bit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once we finished looking at all the really cool storybook playscapes we went to this delicious café called The Big Cheesy.  The food was outrageously tasty.  All of us loved it and since it was their one year anniversary hubby and I got free mimosas... which I discovered is not my favorite drink ever.
 
 
I had the mac and cheese grilled cheese!
 
 
The kids had a classic.
 
Hubby's had crawfish and alligator... (yuck) he loved it though.
 
After dinner we were all exhausted so we decided to call it a night and set out for the hotel.  I had gotten it on priceline as a name your own price and we were pleasantly surprised (we have had GREAT experiences and one REALLY bad one).  Stay tuned for the rest of our trip!