Thursday, March 17, 2016

Vacation Day 5 Cozumel

We woke up fairly early this morning and got ready to head out for our excursion.  We had a quick breakfast on the Lido deck and then went back to our room to let the line go down so we could get off the boat, and to grab our bag. 

As soon as we were on land we headed straight for the area to meet our group for our trip to the beach.  Once everyone got there we headed for the catamaran that would take us to a private island.  The sea was VERY rough and the wind was blowing pretty hard.  The ride took about 45 minutes and by the time we got there we were ALL ready to be on solid ground.

Boat wreck
When the days of our ports got switched the excursion we previously booked was cancelled.  It was one of the top rated trips so we were all bummed.  Since we found out the day of the cruise there were only a few trips left to pick from.  We had wanted to go to the beach so we went ahead and booked this one.  We paid another $300+, since we hadn't been refunded yet, and I will say that we got ripped off!!!  While the island was gorgeous the food wasn't that great and the drinks were very watered down.  Plus there were a ton of areas that were roped off and you couldn't go to them.

After less than an hour a HUGE storm rolled in and we were forced out of the water and off the beach.  There were a ton of people trying to get under some sort of shelter.  We ended up at the kids area which was partially covered and had a wonderful host (we couldn't understand her but she was accommodating).  The storm passed and the kiddos were able to go out and play on the water toys for about 15 minutes and then another storm rolled in. 

"I look naked!"
The sun was in their eyes...

The ride back started off kind of slow then the crew ramped up the music and some slightly intoxicated women started dancing in the aisle.  Needless to say watching them was entertaining and made the trip go by quickly.

Once we got back to the port area we had time to run to one store, I wanted to look at the bamboo sheets, and then we had to dash back to the boat.  When we got on board the cruise ship we dressed for dinner, and headed to the dining room.  The boat was rocking so badly by this point that we were all feeling sick and headed back to our room before dessert!!!  In fact it was so bad that they even cancelled the shows for that night.  (The next morning the crew was talking about how there was no one out the night before and that the boat felt empty.)


Blog Archive