Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Blueberry & Cinnamon Streusel Brunch Cake

I made this for our life group at church this past Sunday and about half was eaten (we had a small class that day and I doubled the recipe).  The next morning Phillip took the leftovers to work and there wasn't a single crumb left in the dish when he brought it back.

When you are making this keep in mind the batter is VERY thick.  It took myself and hubby to pour it into the glass baking dish.  I was a little worried when I first put it in the oven, but it turned out wonderfully, smelled amazing and was absolutely gorgeous!

2 cups flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
One pint of blueberries

Blend all ingredients except blueberries (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer).
Beat one-half minute at medium speed (or one minute by hand).
Fold in blueberries.
Spread in greased and floured (I use spray) 8-inch square pan.

Next, make the topping by combining:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened
Mix  with fork until crumbly.
Spread topping over cake.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until light golden brown.




 
http://www.yourpartytunedup.com/blueberry-cinnamon-struesel-brunch-cake/