Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cheeseburger Gnocchi

I love World Market and whenever we are in Tyler I have to go.  While there I picked up some gnocchi and decided that I would use it for dinner later in the week.  Last night I needed a quick easy meal and this recipe was perfect.  It was fast, yummy, filling, AND I got to use my special purchase from World Market. 

1 tb butter
1 16 ounce package gnocchi
1 pound ground beef
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups beef broth
½ cup heavy cream
2 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup green onions

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add gnocchi in a single layer and toast till brown.
Flip the gnocchi and cook the other side until golden brown also.
Remove gnocchi to a plate and set to the side.
Turn the heat to high and return the skillet to the stove.
Add the beef and seasonings and cook till brown.
Drain off any fat.
Add in the beef broth and gnocchi.
Stir to combine well.
Bring to a boil and cook until the gnocchi is tender and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cream and part of the cheese.
Stir to combine.
Top the dish with the remaining cheese.

Place under the broiler until the cheese starts bubbling and turning brown.