Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Beef Stew

The past four days in East Texas we have been drenched with rain.  Not just a little rain BUT crazy amounts of it, in fact my pool and hot tub are overflowing.  When you have a 40,000 gallon pool that is spilling over you know there is a lot of rain coming down.  In fact my husband drained it some yesterday because we are expecting even more… 

I love when it rains, I prefer it though when I am at home in my pajamas reading a book in bed or if I have a glass of wine by the fire.  Getting up and going to work is sooooo hard when all you want to do is cuddle up with a blanket.  Doesn’t that sound nice?

Since there is no end in sight as far as this dreary weather is concerned I felt like we needed some comfort food last night.  Panera Bread has this AMAZING asiago bread so I sent my husband to grab some after work.  They were out of the loaf that I normally buy BUT they had individual sized round loafs.  So instead of cutting the loaf into cubes I cut the top off the rounds, scooped out part of the center and made bread bowls. 

We were all thrilled with dinner last night and can’t wait to have it again.

2 pounds beef stew meat
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
4 cups beef broth
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
4 small potatoes (cubed)
1 large carrot

Brown stew meat in hot oil in a large dutch oven.
Add broth, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, sugar, pepper, and paprika.
Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Add potatoes and carrots.
Simmer for another 30 minutes.


 Image may contain: food



 Image may contain: fire

Image may contain: food