Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Chicken With Feta Cheese Sauce

As most of you know I have an obsession with cheese…  I love feta, cheddar, parmesan, blue, swiss, mozzarella, basically any kind of cheese… that comes from a cow.  That being said I was super excited to try this recipe.  The kids were not fans! 

I liked the flavor a lot but the color was a little off putting.  I used real butter and it tends to turn brown when it melts plus the bottom of my pan was brown from cooking the chicken and when I added all the sauce ingredients it became this weird gray color.  While the flavors were ok I feel like if I make this again next time I will use two different skillets instead of the same one.

4 Chicken Breasts
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
1 TB Butter
4 Tsp. Flour
1 ½ Cups Milk
1 Cup Feta Cheese
2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
2 Tsp. Onion Powder

Heat skillet over high heat. 
Coat chicken lightly with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to the skillet when the pan is HOT.
Cook approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
Remove chicken from skillet.
Melt butter in the same pan over medium heat.
Add flour and whisk until light brown.
Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
Simmer 5-7 minutes (it should thicken).
Add cheese and stir till melted.
Add in garlic salt and onion powder.

Spoon sauce over chicken.