Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Chicken with Orange Marinade

Today was a beautiful but that changes quickly in east Texas.  We are now under torbad warnings and have had about 9 touch down in a city about 60 minutes away.  I hate tornado season with a passion!

Since we are sitting here listening for sirens  I figured I could go ahead and post a new recipe we tried tonight.

Phillip is out of town at a convention so I decided to take it kind of easy tonight and do something simple.  I happened to find this recipe and decided to give it a shot.  With a couple of changes it was pretty tasty.

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 packet Italian seasoning
4-6 chicken beasts

Mix first three ingredients .
Place chicken in baggie with other items.
Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Turn skillet on medium-high and dump everything in the skillet.
Cook until juices run clear.

I served mine on a bed of rice pilaf and drizzled a little honey over the top.  To add just a bit more I garnished with oranges and some nuts for crunch.