Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Street Corn


The third Sunday of every month we have a big family get together.  My family is there, my brother’s family, my parents, my aunt and uncle and my grandparents.  It is a BLAST.  The best thing is that I get to see my nieces and nephew!  This month it was my turn to host and so we had a Mexican themed meal.  We had chicken tacos, ground beef tacos, rice, beans, corn, queso, guacamole, salsa, and all the toppings you can imagine.  After dinner we had tres leches cake, rice krispies, and dulce de leche cookies.  The meal was a huge hit! 

Several of the recipes I made were new to me and so I wanted to share them with you this week.  First up is the corn.  Everyone who had it LOVED it.  The corn was nice and fresh and just gorgeous.  The flavor was on point and it was super easy to prepare.


16 ounce bag of frozen corn

1 tsp onion powder

3 tbsp butter

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

½ tsp chili powder

¼ tsp cumin

2 tbsp mayo

2 tbsp lime juice

3 tbsp cilantro

Feta or queso fresca


Heat butter in a large skillet over high heat.

Add in frozen corn and cook till golden.

Season with onion powder, salt and pepper.

Move from heat and add in chili powder and cumin.

Add in mayo, lime juice and half of the cilantro.

Once mixed well pour into a serving bowl and top with remaining cilantro as well as the cheese.