Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Omelet from a Bag


Now that summer is winding down my hope is that I will be better about blogging.  We had such a busy summer, and were rarely home, but when we were home we were hanging out in our pool.  Most of you know this past year we bought a new house… well along with the house we got an AMAZING pool/hot tub/waterfall.  Basically, my backyard is paradise.  It’s funny though we live in Texas and it’s August and the water was cold last night when we jumped in.


On to the important stuff… FOOD!  So, the other night I was in a hurry as usual to get dinner on the table and decided to try something new.  I had never done the whole omelet in a bag thing and thought it would be fun to give it a shot.  Oh, my word, super easy, super tasty, and super quick.  This could be one of my new favorite quick meals.


Baggie

2 Eggs

1 Tablespoon

Water

1 Teaspoon House Seasoning

½ Teaspoon Onion Powder


Extra Ingredients:

Shredded Cheese

Steak

Diced Ham

Bacon

Sausage

Tomato

Jalapeno

Onion

Etc…


Toppings:

Salt and Pepper

Sour Cream

Salsa

Etc…


Bring a large pot of water to boil.

While the water is heating up crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly scramble.

Pour them into the baggie.

Add any seasonings or other ingredients.

Place bags into boiling water and attach with a clip  to a skewer laid across the pot.

Don’t let the bags hang over the edge of the pot.  They can melt and it will be a mess.

When the egg is no longer runny carefully remove from the pot of water.

The eggs will slide out easily onto your plate.

Now comes the fun part add your toppings and enjoy.

*This recipe is for one serving.  I doubled the recipe for my husband and I.

*This recipe could be prepared ahead of time to take camping.